Tennis BC recently featured us in their insider e-mail. Here is what it said!
With the rezoning of the Northlands Blvd. property currently underway, the Whistler Tennis Association wants to raise awareness in the community about the social, economic, environmental, and health benefits of a year-round racquet facility in Whistler. Here are our Top Ten Reasons to support a year-round tennis facility in Whistler:
1. Tennis has a long legacy and strong current presence in Whistler.
2. Tennis plays a vital role in a happy and healthy local community
3. The sport is growing in Canada.
4. Tennis is also a growing global sport
5. Tennis is popular among a wide range of demographics, especially juniors
6. There is a strong correlation between tennis and skiing, making a racket club highly complementary to the resort’s appeal among visitors
7. Tennis is a great family sport
8. Tennis plays a vital role in the Whistler economy
9. Tennis helps to weather-proof Whistler
10. Tennis is both financially and environmentally sustainable
To view the whole story click here!